The Philopatrian has been a part of the fabric of life in the City of Brotherly Love for more than 160 years.
The Age of Elegance Lives
The Philopatrian honors its legacy by conserving The Stotesbury Mansion as a symbol of Philadelphia elegance.
A Grand Experience
Our Grand Ballroom seats 100 dinner guests and is a stunning setting for our members, guests, and catered events.
A Rittenhouse Square Oasis
Our second-floor library space is a relaxing example of the Philopatrian's oasis-like atmosphere.
Enjoy Fraternity or Solitude
In our game room you'll discover a chance for time alone or just as easily a night of fun with friends.
An Expansive Facility
Our home boasts more space and secrets than most. Becoming a member unlocks a new world in Center City.
Welcome to the Catholic Philopatrian Literary Institute
- My aunt in India has been diagnosed with leukemia. Please pray for her.
- Pray for William who is fighting covid right now he has 3 doctors overseeing him. He is on an ecmo machine that oxygenates his blood, he is heavily sedated not in a coma like they originally told his mom, they wake him a little to check brain function and he responds correctly. They will keep him sedated because he has tubes in his neck and awake it could be dangerous. The virus has now attacked his kidneys. He is critical so they won’t do anything that might stress his body worse,
- Please pray for complete healing for Robert S. who had a virus effect his liver, his wife is is very afraid for him. Please pray for the repose of the soul for Kevin who lost his life to cancer and for peace/comfort for his family.
- For Kelly & Nils Gjoja to be blessed with a baby. They have tried to get pregnant for a few years. She is 34 years old. Thank you
- Eustace Mita, and his employees for Divine Help and guidance during these rough times.
A Philadelphia historic landmark, the Philopatrian was founded in 1850 and is the oldest private club of its kind in the nation. Apply for membership
A Premier Philadelphia Club
The Philopatrian is an oasis in bustling Center City. Our motto is “Revere the Church, thy Mother, and love thy Fatherland.”
The Stotesbury Mansion
The Mansion was commissioned by Thomas McKean, namesake and descendant of a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
Membership & Events
The Philopatrian hosts events throughout the year, and members include young professionals, executives, and religious.
Our Annual Events
The Philopatrian hosts a series of special gatherings throughout the year.
Recent News / Latest Blog Posts
Stotesbury Regatta Awards
See Link below:
Prayers Unite The World